Pages

Tuesday, May 23, 2017

..:: nature: a love story ::..

Hello!  I am up on the Scrapbook Circle blog with this layout that I made using the 2017 May kit - Take Note. My assignment was to use the exclusive cork hearts in a unique way. I chose to use one of them as part of my title in this layout that documents my daughter's love of nature.


I used my Silhouette Cameo to poke holes in white card stock so that I could easily hand stitch the word "Nature". I set it up in the Silhouette Studio software using the Bebas font, keeping in mind exactly where I wanted it on the page.  Then after it cut the holes for me, I stitched using black embroidery floss. 


I used watercolors to paint inside the lines that I stitched. I grabbed color inspiration from the patterned papers and embellishments  that I chose from this month's kit.


I did a little fussy cutting of the flowers from the Webster's Pages patterned paper and added some bits from the Elle's Studio Live Laugh Love bits and pieces included in the kit. 


My title was completed with the "love" cork heart, and the acrylic word "story". I added just a little bit of journaling and this simple, but fun page, was complete!

Check out how Kelly used the cork hearts by visiting the Scrapbook Circle blog today!

Thanks for stopping by. See you soon!



1 comment:

  1. Beautiful page!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE the watercolor and stitched title!!

    ReplyDelete