Pages

Friday, February 13, 2015

❃ have more firsts ❃

This background is created by me with papers, paints and stamps. The words are from Ali Edwards' kit club brushes.

My One Little Word this year is DO. I knew I really needed an action word this year. There are so many things that I need to accomplish! As I was searching for my word, I sat down with a pen and paper and made a list of things that I really wanted in my life, or to accomplish, and a list of things that I wanted to eliminate in my life. When I did this I had "DOs" and don'ts. Then it hit me…DO is the perfect word for this year.  That was in December.

Also in December I received my first Story Kit from Ali Edwards. The theme was "Firsts".  When I saw the stamp set, I knew that I really wanted to start a project. Instant inspiration to do. In fact, I almost changed my word to 'firsts'  when I saw it.  But I quickly realized that first is a great match with do. So, a project was born.

I have challenged myself to have more firsts this year.  This year, I will be intentional about creating opportunities to do something for the first time each month.  I anticipate that I will have firsts that are simple, easy, and risk free like going to a new restaurant for the first time.  But I am hopeful that I will also take some real risks, put myself out there, and create new experiences for myself, and maybe even a few new experiences with my family.

I've started my firsts and will be sharing them here soon and as the year progresses! So exciting!


If you want to know more about One Little Word, visit Ali Edwards site, here.  If you are interested in receiving her story kits and/or stamps, you can find that information here.



1 comment:

  1. What a cool word and love your idea of an action word! Looking forward to seeing your firsts!!

    ReplyDelete