Pages

Monday, December 23, 2013

:: december documentation update one ::


Well, we are nearly to the big day, and I have felt excited, overwhelmed, discouraged, hopeful, and excited again with my December Daily 2013 project (only sometimes in that order, sometimes all within an hour)! This process is always good for me. I don't mind the roller coaster if it gets things documented!

A few weeks ago, I shared my cover and a few of my inside creations in this post. Today's post is meant to share a bit of behind the scenes stuff, as well as photos of the pages. Here we go!





Bea wrote a letter to Santa because she had a question about the elf (was it real?). I scanned the letter, and sized it down for the front of the envelope.  Also, there are more photos and story than I had space for, so I added a flip pocket (see below).


I put the original, full sized letter inside the envelope, of course.  When Snowflake (our first year with this elf, by the way) leaves Bea a note, it's always either 4x6 or 3x4 -- magic!  That elf is so smart and helpful (and a little creepy, but we are trying to overlook that). I plan to make a list of all (or most of) the places Snowflake surprised us and put it on that journal card.
This spread is a couple of "days" (really magical moments, see how I'm tackling this project below) in one. The tradition of a book a day continues this year (our third year). Under the sorting photo, there is another photo, and the story. The other side of the spread is about our wrapping paper this year.  :-)


There are a few more photos on flickr, here.

products i am using | I am mostly using the December Daily kit from Studio Calico and Ali Edwards. I did buy a few things, and I have a few other things in my stash that I am using, but mostly, it's from the kit.  The important stuff not in the kit: silver thread for my sewing machine (helps with the magic), wood veneers from target (in the Christmas wrapping paper section), and some blank transparencies, vellum, and wood veneers from my stash!

how i am tackling this project in 2013 | Instead of completely "following the rules", I am not approaching this project as documenting something every day. There really are no rules. It really is all about what you want to document; what memories you want to keep safe.  Each year I let the implied rule (December DAILY) get in the way of me completing the project. So this year I am mixing it up. This year I am documenting 25 (or so) magical moments of the season.  It is likely that I won't add much 'everyday' stuff into this DD, because I have Project Life for that.

other things keeping me busy | I am participating in several classes in December (both free and paid). Your December Inspired, Insta-Christmas, Picture Your Holidays, 30 Days of Lists, December Duos, and Holiday Storyteller. Each of these classes provide prompts and inspiration to help me deepen the level of storytelling I am putting into this project. I am so loving my daily emails!  I hope to share some of the projects (that aren't included in my DD) here soon. Until then I hope you are having a magical and peaceful holiday season!

Coming soon: reflection on Project Life 2013, and looking ahead to 2014!

3 comments:

  1. Great pages. Love how you combine the fun pictures with all the added embellishments, etc. Love the idea of the weather map photo. thanks for sharing on our December Daily link up! So appreciated. Feel free to share more of your album.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the details on your pages. We have an Elf living at our house to it drives my daughter crazy to have to wait almost a year for her to come back.

    ReplyDelete