Pages

Sunday, October 27, 2013

:: handmade journal ::

So.... a couple of weeks ago I participated in TWO days of classes, with many awesome instructors, all online.  Throughout True Scrap 5, and since then, I have been inspired to try a zillion new things, but cursed with little time to implement. However, I do have some fun to share today! One of the classes was taught by Heidi Swapp.  She made an awesome journal with scrapbook papers, a composition notebook, and her Cinch machine.  I loved it, so I tried it (did I mention that I bought a Cinch right after True Scrap 5?)!
Cover
I haven't decided how I'm going to "close" this.  I may do what Heidi did and add an embellishment on the front that the flap can go behind. Or I might just use some ribbon.  I'll have to think on that for a bit before I commit.  ;-)

I used a paper pad by Amy Tangerine for just about everything (the cover, inside pages, etc.).  I think that made it a bit easier because everything works together quite nicely!  The only other thing I added was a journal that I got from Michael's a while back. I knew I'd use it someday (I think it was just a buck)!  I'm not going to bother you with every page, but here are a few!
Cover Open
I made a couple of "pockets" and made tags to go inside the pockets.
Notice that paper on the left...it comes up later!
The front of the journal I purchased at Michael's

....and the inside of that journal
You guessed it, the back of the journal!

I added a few pocket protectors throughout the book



I used gelatos on the right page to create an ombre effect (it started B&W, see above)!
I haven't quite decided what I'm going to do with it.  It will likely be a journal of some sort, with photos...so maybe a mini book?  I dunno.  I'm sure I'll add a few little details as I work with it. Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

  1. Wow - amazing! Love that you used that line. It is so doodly & artsy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! This is amazing!! I am loving how it came together!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Orange.....I can see you using it to do a little journal about your new grandbaby!!! *wink, wink* Love it! Great job!!! I "thought" about getting a cinch, but I haven't yet. I did, however, get a Canon Selphy (to print my own pics at home), and I love it! Maybe I'll put the cinch on my Christmas list! Thanks so much for sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BTW.....this is Karla .... I forgot signing in with my Google account puts me as Scrappynut! LOL

      Delete