Pages

Thursday, July 4, 2013

:: hello baby mini book ::

In this post I shared our wonderful family news -- my oldest daughter will be having a boy on or around October 7. We are excited for this wonderful addition to our family! For the reveal party, I started a mini book as a gift. My daughter has asked me to go ahead and keep it, add to it, and give it back to her when it's finished. She has a busy few months ahead of her, including moving, and so this makes complete sense (and I am excited to do it)! Thought I'd share a few photos:
Both the front and back covers are chip board that I covered with white card stock, and added a bit of washi tape that goes around the edge. Before putting the card stock on, I used Gelatos and Tim Holtz distress daubers to create a fun pattern.
Foot Stamp + StazOn ink + Transparency = fun title page

For the inside pages I found a great 6x6 pad of American Crafts papers at Target. The pad is called "Hip Hip Hooray" and there are two of each pattern.  I love the colors because most of them are gender neutral. When I started this project we didn't know if she was having a boy or a girl. 
Most of the tummy and ultrasound photos I stole off her Facebook page! 



The book is complete up to the present.  :-)  I plan to put some photos of the baby room and any other tummy/ultra sound photos that she takes. Then, I will leave a few pages at the very end for when we get to meet that baby in person! 

Check back here tomorrow for a new Scrap Your Story Challenge! Here's a sneaky sneak!

Happy 4th of July!  Have a safe one!

1 comment:

  1. Brookie's birthday is Oct. 4th!!! I love love love your mini!! Soooooooooooo fun!!!!

    ReplyDelete